Can’t get your PS4 to connect online? Here’s a quick overview on how VPNs work, so you can easily set up and use them with your PlayStation 4.
The “how to use vpn on ps4 with phone” is a question that has been asked many times. This article will provide you with the steps on how to use VPN on your PlayStation 4.
We all know that VPN (virtual private network) isn’t something most people connect with gaming.
This is due to the fact that gaming can be done from anywhere in the globe, and you do not need to practically migrate to play your favorite games.
However, we’ve discovered that utilizing a VPN, particularly on your PlayStation 4, has a few perks.
If you connect a VPN to your PlayStation 4, for example, you may access the PlayStation Store from anywhere in the globe and buy titles that are only available in that country.
VPNs are also often used for privacy, to shield your personal data from being spied on your computer, and to go over your internet service provider’s firewall.
So, although using a VPN on your PlayStation 4 makes sense, we must warn you that the procedure is not simple.
Also, check out our list of the top 5 best VPNs available right now.
We’ll show you how to utilize a VPN on your PlayStation 4 in this article:
How to Connect to a VPN on a PlayStation 4
As previously said, the link between gaming and the use of a VPN is not well known. This might also explain why Sony does not include a VPN connection option on the PS4.
As a result, we’ll have to use other approaches to set up a VPN for our PlayStation 4.
Method 1: Use your WiFi router to set up a VPN.
We all know that a WiFi router is required to connect to the internet. Similarly, we must connect to the internet through the router in order to play games on the PS4.
So it’s better if we use our router to set up a VPN connection so that all traffic passing through it is encrypted and our personal information is protected.
To do so, you must first choose which VPN would be the greatest fit for you based on membership prices, monthly data use, and other factors.
We’ve tested a lot of VPNs and determined the ones that are best for you in our guide to the best VPN for PS4, so you can make an informed selection.
After you’ve decided on a VPN, you may proceed with the procedures below:
- Enter your router’s IP address into any browser to log in. Also, if your router won’t connect with only an IP address, connect your router and PC via an ethernet wire.
The IP address of the router may be found on the back of the box it arrived in. It’s usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- You’ll need to enter the username and password to access your router. The username and password are both set to “admin” by default. So it must be the same if you haven’t altered it.
- You must now setup your VPN. This method will differ from one router manufacturer to the next, as well from one VPN service provider to the next.
- However, you must first get the configuration files from your VPN service provider. These files may be accessed by contacting the help area of the VPN service in question.
- You must locate the VPN configuration options on the router. These options are usually found under the “Advanced Setup” tab.
- You may also request assistance from your VPN provider in establishing your VPN settings on your router.
- Once the VPN is configured and ready to use, you may verify that your IP address has been changed to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- After that, just connect your PS4 to the internet through router, and it will be protected by a VPN.
Also see: How to Fix the CE-34878-0 Error on the PS4 [eSportsLatest]
Method 2: Using a PC to connect to your PS4 through VPN
We understand that setting up a VPN connection for your internet over your WiFi network might be difficult for most individuals.
As a result, we have the option of employing VPN over a PC to encrypt our PS4.
It’s also a strategy that doesn’t need any new hardware since all you have to do is make a few changes to your PC or Mac.
- Download their software program and log in with your credentials to set up the VPN connection on your computer.
- Connect your PlayStation 4 to the PC and utilize it as a passthrough after the VPN connection is established. To connect your PS4 to your computer, you’ll need an ethernet wire.
- You must now adjust your VPN’s connection settings. Open the Control Panel in Windows now that the VPN is installed on your computer.
- Go to Network & Internet Settings and click on Change Adapter Options.
- If you are using Windows 10, the process will be Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network & Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings.
- Select your VPN connection from the list of connections, right-click it, and select “Properties.”
- Allow Network Users to Connect Through This Computer’s Internet Connection under Sharing.
- We’ve now set up our PC and Internet connection so that other users on the network may connect via it.
- We’ll now need to connect our PS4 to the internet.
- So turn on your PS4, go to the Home screen, choose the top row icons, and select the Settings menu.
- Select Network Settings from the Settings menu, then Set up an Internet Connection.
- Select an option now. To connect to the network, use a LAN cable. After that, choose Easy Setup, and the PS4 will automatically search for a connection.
We’ve covered the two best ways to set up a VPN connection for your PS4 in this article: via your network and through your computer.
We understand that using a router is challenging for most individuals, but it has the benefit of working wirelessly and all of the time.
The technique through PC, on the other hand, is simpler and may be completed quickly, but you must need an ethernet connection to connect to a VPN for your PS4.
After setting your VPN connection in both circumstances, you’ll be able to start playing games on your console.
Read also: VPN Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know
The “nordvpn on ps4” is a VPN that is available for PlayStation 4. It allows users to use the VPN when they are playing games online, or using the PS4’s remote play feature.
- how to use a vpn on ps4
- how to use vpn on ps4 without pc
- free vpn for ps4
- how to change vpn on ps4
- how to use expressvpn on ps4